Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jones' Baked Veggies

300 Recipes in 1 Year
Recipe #44


I got this recipe from my friend Kevin, who if I'm not mistaken, got it from his parents. So Jones' seemed to be fitting title for this. Nothing crazy, just a simply healthy veggie dish! I was so excited when I went to shop for this. I LOVE produce. It is such a beautiful thing to look at. One day I hope to have my very own garden...ya know when I retired and have a spare second...haha. I just love shopping for fresh produce, frozen is convenient, but fresh is just the way to go!

The Goods: 
Olive Oil
S & P 
Veggies: You could use any kind you could imagine!! I used...
2 Bell Peppers
2 Yellow Squash
1 large {or 2 small} Zucchini
1/2 Onion

Preheat your oven to 350
Cut all your veggies {de-seed if needed} into even size chunks and spread them over a cookie sheet with sides
Drizzle with olive oil and coat those puppies with salt & pepper, like more than you would think! 
Bake for about 25 minutes and you've got yourself a delightful side dish. 

I thought we'd have plenty of leftovers from this to use on a pizza later this week, but 3 of us demolished it all! {I feel like when you eat healthy you seem to demolish what you can!!}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...