Friday, February 10, 2012

Frenchy French Toast

300 Recipes in 1 Year
Recipe #24

I love me some breakfast food! Especially when I don't have to wake up early in the morning to make it...aka breakfast for dinner!

During our Trip a la Northeast this summer we ventured to an awesome breakfast joint called Buddy's. Where the following pic was taken looking out onto The Naval Academy and some Annapolis scenery. Anyways, while at Buddy's I had some pretty stinkin good french toast. It was made from french bread. Who would of thought....


Fast forward to a couple weeks ago watching Pioneer Woman and Ree was making some of the very same french toast! It just had to make it ASAP! 

You can find the recipe {HERE}. I did not do the berry butter, I'll save that for when I make the other half of the loaf in the freezer! 

In her tutorial she used sourdough, but I went with french bread! Also, a little tip: *Make sure you cook these on low for awhile {instead of higher heat}. Since it is thicker it takes awhile to cook through as oppose to sandwich bread. We had a  few "raw" pieces in our bunch. 

Here is the final product! Can't wait to make this again with the berry butter!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...