Monday, February 6, 2012

Brie & Brisket Quesadillas

300 Recipes in 1 Year
Recipe #17


One of my goals this year is to learn my way around meat in the kitchen. I went to the store the other day and stocked up on some meat cuts. Ribs, Pork Shoulder and Brisket, my fave!! I'm starting with crock pot meals to ease my way to the almighty and very scary grill. If you haven't figured it out already, I'm in love with my crock pot. Got a crock recipe? Bring it my way!!! 

I was so excited to try this brisket recipe. It is my BBQ restaurant staple! So when I found this on Pinterest, it was moved to the top of my "to try" list! I'm not going to lie, I've had better brisket. It was very good, but not smoked or grilled good. It was crock pot good. I was a little thrown off when I tasted it {without the BBQ sauce at first} it reminded me too much of roast beef, which is NOT my fave dish...sorry mom! But once it was served with BBQ it tasted wonderfully. 

The recipe, which can be found {HERE} also called for Brie. I'm not entirely sure how I even knew this was cheese, I suppose I just assumed. But that wheel of cheese came very difficult to find, but I WAS looking for it in the wrong place. Weird. I was nervous when serving because none of us had tried Brie before, but it was very good, and I'm pretty picky about my cheese! 

I didn't do her mango bbq sauce, I was feeding a lot of people and didn't want to get too diverse. Speaking of feeding people, guess how many servings this brisket served? 15!!! Well worth it! I do hope you try this recipe soon. You can't go wrong for a big group or a week's worth of leftovers! 

Sorry for all the paper plate pics {you'll be seeing a lot of them lately}. I've found that when I cook a big dinner the last thing I want to do is do all those dishes! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...