Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"Breaded" Caesar Chicken

300 Recipes in 1 Year
Recipe # 19


Well, I was home alone tonight and that is the perfect time to try new things. And try I did. I wouldn't necessarily say succeed.....I mean it was edible, but nothing that I would suggest for you to cook. Not without some major tweaking anyways!

Nowadays my TV watching has changed drastically...I've switched Teen Mom for some Food Network and in the background I heard them talking about Panko bread crumbs. So I bought some!

I had already been marinating 3 chicken breast in my FAVORITE salad dressing:
Galeo's Miso Caesar Dressing
This stuff is low cal and they use this at the Biggest Loser ranch. Hello...can't go wrong!!

After my chicken had marinated for a few hours, I laid out my Panko bread crumbs and mixed it with salt and pepper.
I just coated it on each side of my chicken breast and stuck it in the skillet for about 8 minutes on each side. 
Apparently caesar dressing isn't enough "glue" to keep the bread crumbs on. That is why I used the term "breaded" in quotations....it didn't quite end up breaded! Oh well! 

The skillet didn't quite get it done enough on the inside, so I stuck it in the oven at about 400 for 6 minutes on each side. 

I served with zucchini and cornbread and drizzled a little more of the caesar dressing on top, and some breadcrumbs :) 

I'll redo this recipe soon and give ya'll a step by step instruction once I get it good enough to share!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...