Sunday, August 2, 2015

Brown Butter & Vodka Rice Krispie Treats

Rice Krispie treats have always been one of my favorite snacks. When I saw Chris Castro's fancy adult version, I couldn't wait to give it a go!

INGREDIENTS: 
  • 3 TBSP of butter
  • 1 pkg/10 oz of marshmallows 
  • 6 cups rice krispies cereal
  • 1 oz Iced Tea Vodka (Castro's version used bourbon, but I used what I had, and what I had was Iced Tea vodka!) 
  • 1 TSP vanilla extract
  • Sea Salt 
DIRECTIONS: 
1. In a large saucepan brown the butter over low heat, making sure not to let it burn. Mix in the marshmallows until well coated with butter.
2. Place the marshmallows on a lined cookie sheet and broil until they are golden brown. Pour back into the saucepan and stir until marshmallows are melted. Pour in the vanilla and alcohol of your choice and stir until combined.
3. Add in rice krispies and stir until well coated.
4. Dump the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and press into form. Sprinkle with sea salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...