Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Faves: Week 3

HEY-O!! Happy Friday! Welcome to the 3rd installment of my Friday Favorites Series!

Here's what's going down this week:
1. Chelsea Handler
2. The Mindy Project
3. Jamberry


1. Chelsea Handler



I have always been a fan of Chelsea. I have read all of the books (I just started Uganda Be Kidding Me), watch her show and follow her every social media place imaginable. You can find a previous post here of some of my favorite quotes from her past books.

This past weekend, for my birthday, Hil & I were able to go see her on tour! Now if you know me, you know that I don't like going to concerts very much. Really, anything with a big crowd, I'm not a fan of. I am a homebody! But some things, like OU games, SYTYCD and Chelsea Handler...you've got to make an exception! She was hilarious. I cried. My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. My next step in fulfilling my Chelsea Handler dream would be to go and see her tape her show in LA.

Plus how could you not LOVE her even more for wearing an OU hat?! Boomer!

2. The Mindy Project


The Mindy Project is seriously one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Mindy produces the most ridiculous and hilarious one liners and quotes I've ever heard. Some of my faves:

Cliff: Do you really need to tan?
Mindy: Babe this is the palest I've ever been. I'm basically a white person. Yesterday I caught myself watching lacrosse, and I liked it.

Casey: did you tell them the good news?
Mindy: I did not. Guys I lost three pounds of water weight from diarrhea.

Casey: Why are you going to Hell?
Mindy: I love gossip and I don't really care about the environment.

Evan: Mindy you're a doctor do something!
Mindy: I'm a gynecologist Evan. Why don't you web design him back to life!

Mindy: Max I am on a date right now. Do you know how difficult it is for a chubby 31 year old woman to go on a legit date with a guy who majored in economics at Duke?
Dennis: I never told you those things.
Mindy: I looked it up online okay? Relax!

She is neurotic, self conscious, smart and ridiculous....and makes all of those qualities hilarious! If you enjoy the show, you should absolutely read her book!


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns)


3. Jamberry Nails

I'm not going to lie...I'm the worst at keeping my nails neat and tidy, let alone painted. I'm a nail biter, cuticle chewer, polish picker on my best days. I also paint quite often, so its hard for me to just keep my hands clean of regular paint!

That does not mean that I don't enjoy a good nail color. Especially now when nail patterns have gotten to be so popular.

I was first introduced to Jamberry by my friend Christi, whose SIL had recently started selling them. She let me try some that she had ordered.


I used Darkest Black for my main nails and Leopard for my accent. It was fairly easy to get the hang of it, and there are plenty of online tutorials there at your fingertips.

Prices are descent, and they last quite awhile (with a little upkeep, like extra filing as your nails get longer and from general use).

Since trying Christi's, I've bought 5 sets (they usually have good deals, like buy 3, get 1 free).


 Mint Green & Gold Horizontal Stripe


That I used as an accent nail, with a Gold OPI (I don't remember the color)


 Guacamole (no longer available)


Another accent nail, paired with a red from OPI.


Navy Quarterfoil


Sahara (no longer available)


Urban Lights

Top reasons why I love Jamberry:
No dry time
No weird finger prints on your nails, even after you let them dry the suggested amount of time
Cool design that I could never achieve with actual polish, or polish pins
Price: it may seem kind of expensive, but you can really stretch one set, I think about 2 pedi's and
          2 mani's or something.


Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!

Mal



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...