Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What We Ate in March


It felt like we were barely home in March. It's not true, but when you are out of town for two weekends in a row it sure feels that way! On top of that, March is my birthday month, we started our weekly Dave Ramsey class and it was overall just a busier than usual month. So, that means we only made 5 NEW recipes. We did cook more than 5 times....steak, cereal (getting that cereal to milk ratio takes hard work, patience & practice!), and a lot of meal repeats!

Here are the newbies we made:

*I feel like I should state that we do not eat JUST SWEETS! I know it looks like it, but these were just the new recipes we made! Promise :) 

1. Pioneer Woman Mini Meatball Sandwiches


Easy. Delicious. Pioneer Woman. 'Nuff said.

2. Zucchini-Sausage Casserole


Ok....I'm not going to lie, I was doubtful of this guy. I knew I would like it (maybe not love it), but I was really nervous about what Jake would think. No lie....this is one of the best casseroles we've ever had! We will be making this one again, for sure!!

3. French Toast Bake


Um...wow. It was good, but oh so sweet. Some may say *TOO* sweet...ya know, if that's possible. My suggestions would be to bake a little longer, I like my french toast more "done", and seriously, don't add anything else to make it sweeter. Geez Louise!

4. Chocolate Italian Love Cake


We made this cake for our ReGroup and it was such a hit! Jake LOVED this cake as well. He said it was one of his faves. What is really cool about this cake is how the two bottom layers switch in the baking process!

5. Trisha's Snickerdoodles


FYI...this recipe make A LOT of cookies, so it would be a good one if you needed cookies in bulk! Also, the dough may have been the softest dough I've ever used!


Nothing was added to the Tried and Disliked board on Pinterest, although the french toast came kinda close.

Happy Hump Day!!
Mal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...