Friday, January 6, 2012

Chick-fil-A Nugget Knock Off

300 Recipes in 1 Year
Recipe #2


I'm not going to lie to you, these are not as good as the perfect piece of chicken Chick-fil-A produces. But, they are not that far behind. A fairly easy recipe too if you don't mind the whole frying thing. I think I'm going to try and bake them next time. I can tell you 100% that I will NEVER fry another piece of food again until I get one of those fancy wire cage things that you can just dip into the oil. Ugh :/ Zoe did not appreciate that I  had the oil too hot at first, she barked and then immediately hid. 

Here are the goods you need!
Serves about 4 people {35ish nuggs} 
2-4 Hour prep time

4 chicken breasts
2 cups of milk
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups of flour
4 TBSP of powdered sugar {for sure the special ingredient!!}
4 TSP of salt
2 TSP of pepper
Peanut Oil

First you will need to whisk your eggs and slowly pour in the milk into a bowl. Then cut up your chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and trim off any fat.

Put cut up chicken into the egg and milk mixture for 2-4 hours and just keep it in the fridge. I took mine out and left it on the counter for the last 30 minutes so that it wasn't so cold going into the oil.

After the chicken is finished marinating you will want to start heating about 2 inches of oil on medium heat. {This is where Zoe went crazy because the directions I used said that if you drip a little water into the oil and just sizzles a little and doesn't pop it is at the right temp, but if it pops a lot it is too hot. Well, mine popped A LOT!! I suggest buying a handy thermometer and wait until it becomes 350 degrees.} combine your dry ingredients into a bowl and mix them pretty well.

Take your chicken and coat them with the flour mixture, making sure to get it all covered. 

Depending on how big your pot is, put in about 8-10 nuggs at a time turning them over after about 1 minute. 

After a few minutes take them out {check the bigger ones to make sure there isn't any pink in the middle} and drain them on a paper towel covered plate. 



These guys were delicious and I was very excited that I had some left over packets of CFA's Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce, my absolute FAVE!!! Like I said, not quite as good as Chick-fils, my guess is something in the batter... but anyways you can definitely taste the powdered sugar and the extra touch of sweet was very good! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...