Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cap'n Crunch Chocolate Chip Cookies


Jake officially has a new favorite cookie. Or at least it is a solid compromise for us. (See the magic of marriage working?) Jake LOVES any and all things peanut butter, and I don't! For the sake of cookies, I like anything with chocolate chips, oatmeal (without raisins...sick) or white chocolate.

I first saw this cookie on Oh Joy's blog. I doubled their recipe and mine made about 4 dozen medium sized cookies. I usually always double recipes like this. You already have the ingredients, plus I feel like we are always going to some event where we are needing to bring something! So I stored half of the batch in the freezer for a week and they did just as well as the first batch.

Here is the recipe:
*notes changes I made*
You'll need: (this is the measurements of it NOT DOUBLED, aka 2 dozen cookies)

4 oz softened unsalted butter (= 1/2 cup)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
*1/2 oz Glucose (which makes cookies chewier than regular sugar) (= 1/16 cup)*
1 medium egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2-1/2 oz chocolate chips (= 1/3 cup)
*2-1/2 oz peanut butter cups (chopped) (= 1/3 cup)*
1 oz rolled oats (= 1/8 cup)
3 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
*1 oz chopped hazelnuts (= 1/8 cup)*

*Instead of glucose, I used honey, the same amount they suggested. Cookie was still very chewy*
*I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but you could also use the peanut butter chips (same aisle as chocolate chips)*
*I used walnuts instead of hazelnuts because that was what I had in my pantry!*

Instructions:
 
1. Mix sugar, glucose, and butter for 1 minute with a handheld or standing mixer.
2. Add egg and vanilla, and mix for 1 more minute.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, oats, cap'n crunch, and hazelnuts and quickly mix it all together for 1 minute.
5. With a 3 oz ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Cover with parchment paper and press down each cookie with a flat object like a plate. Freeze for 1 hour.
*6. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes, rotate pan, and bake for another 4-5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.

*When doing smaller cookies, I only baked them for about 3 minutes after I rotated the pan*




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...