Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Take a picture and blog about it"

So, I finally made it to Odessa this past weekend! I had an amazing time with some great friends. Got my Rosa's fix and stayed up until 3am playing Phase 10, Chicken Foot and of course Old Maid. 

One of my particularly favorite moments was of course involved with my dad. As I am driving up to my house, right outside is a crosswalk sign. Well, some delinquent kid (lets hope) put a pad on the sign
(I had to edit it a bit because the picture was taken at night and you couldn't see it fully.)

Anyways, so I ask my dad about it and he starts to get very defensive, as if I actually put it up there. He told me "Why don't you take a picture and blog about it". Well, he knows me too well. Apparently it has been up there for 3 weeks. Hilarious. Just another one of my dad's moments. 

My mom has had a movie from netflix for over a month, It's Complicated. She has also been trying to get my dad to watch for just as long. So, finally he sat down to try and watch it with us. Except, every 10 minutes he would say "Gosh, Polly, this movie is ssoooo funny! I'm so glad you made me sit down and watch this." It was ridiculous. Such a ware down!! Haha, another fine moment for my family.

I of course got to see a couple of my great friends! 
This is Julian; my handsome photographer friend. He is probably the kindest person you will ever meet and he always smells amazing :) Anytime I am in Odessa he is always there to be a Spades partner and/or get yelled at by my mom :)

This is Christi!! She's amazing. Enough said :) She always makes me laugh with all the new things she is doing, like reading :) or what new sport she has thoroughly researched and now has a new favorite team. 

And this cutie is Ella!! Daughter of Gage and Jennifer. She is such a sweet girl and you know she is going to be a diva!! Every time she cries her voice is already so feminine and she is only 2 months old!! She is just precious! 

So, another successful trip to Odessa, enjoying wonderful friends, my family, surprisingly good shopping and of course Rosa's!! There ya go Sandie, a blog not about Zoe at all!! 


1 comment:

Sandie Graves said...

Hahaha Mal- I knew you could blog about something other than Zoe! Good job! BTW I just noticed the pad last week. I don't know how I could have missed it but...there it was! I loved the dialog between your dad and mom about the movie. I can hear it now. Can't wait to see you next week. Make sure to put me on your "must see" list. :) Love you and miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...