Sunday, October 17, 2010

OU Student Section

I know that probably every true fan thinks this of their stadium, but I truly feel that every visiting team who comes to Owen Field should see and hear what our Oklahoma tradition is about. It is the true experience of going to the football game that makes it that much more special. I'm not just referring to OU's stadium (even though I must say that we have GLORIOUS traditions) but I love going to away games also. I like to see what other teams do to get pumped up and to see how their fans are. Not necessarily when a group of people are yelling "overrated" or from experience, when a certain other Big 12 school that is located about 6 hours south of Norman and whose colors are red, black and white, was shouting at one of our players for being a "pussy" for getting hurt (a very disgusting word, I agree). Not that I'm saying that we don't have some tacky fans as well, we all do. Anyways, I'm not trying to get off onto a tangent. But I am talking about when Oklahoma gets to raise our pointer fingers yelling during all kick-offs; or being able to be as loud as possible (OU vs Tech '08 anybody?) while we are on defence. Like when the Seminoles do their iconic "Tomahawks" or Texas' "Big Bertha" Drum and of course the Aggie's famous student section. I know that there are a million more and I think, in respect, they are all great traditions. Of course I'm biased and Oklahoma's are the best :) But some of my favorite's from OU are... (in no order)
1. There's Only ONE video
2. Sooner Schooner
3. Home of the "SOONERS"
4. "Boomer" "Sooner" across the stadium
5. "OOOO" during kick offs
6. Our Fight Song and Alma Mater
7. Oklahoma flag
8. Drum major's entrance (including the drum line and The Pride)
9. Team Entrance (including the team hitting the sign and exiting the schooner)

Anyways, those are a few of my favorites and I'll include a couple of my pics, because I know you love them, by you I mean my 19 viewers!!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...