Saturday, January 29, 2011

My attempt at Sandie's Sweet Rolls!!

Look at me blogging two times in a row!! But I can't help it, I'M EXCITED!!!

While I was in Odessa a couple weeks ago Sandie had us over for dinner and for dessert she had sweet rolls, and they were amazing!! We were all going back for seconds (Julian :))!! So, since I've been a self claimed "cooking machine" lately I though I'd give it a go! So she emailed me the recipe, I read it over and all these foreign words started appearing like bread flour (I thought I had issues between white and wheat), kneading (which I had to look up on YouTube how to do) and the whole concept of "letting the dough rise" is something that I've heard of, but definitely never done! I was a process (a 3 1/2 hour one) of mixing, kneading, and waiting and waiting on this dang dough to rise!! 

I am definitely an amateur. For instance, in the recipe Sandie told me to melt butter and mix cinnamon and sugar. So, I melted the butter and tossed the C & S right on in. 

Wrong! Oops! So, when it came to dipping the strips of dough in the butter mix it was a little more difficult than the original recipe called for. In the end, they still taste very good, just a little extra "cinnamon-y". 


This is me KNEADING after having to look in a cook book for what exactly kneading meant, and then YouTubing it after still being unsure!


Measuring out the dough perfectly! I didn't want any little thing to screw this up!!


All split up!!



And....THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!! Sandie's Sweet Rolls: The Newest Addition to my cookbook!! 

These are officially a special occasion make ONLY!! Or maybe when I become more of a veteran baker. I will definitely think differently when I go to places like Logan's or Texas....could you imagine how much time it takes for these dang rolls to rise!! Holy cow.


Thanks Sandie for the recipe, oh and this little bit of advise was on my bread flour bag.....


LOOOOOVVEEEE YOOOOUUU :) 






1 comment:

Sandie Graves said...

HAHAHAHA. I have NEVER seen that warning before on a bread flour package!! I wonder when they started doing that? The rolls look really yummy. And your detailed description of your process indeed made me laugh. Keep cooking and if you want any other recipes to try (and blog about) lemme know. Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...