Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall is in the air and Wreaths have hit the doors!

Hey everyone!! I'm sorry that I have been kind of lame lately with my lack of blog postage... My pile of crafts in Jake's house and my Pinterest are frustrated with me also!!

Well, I myself am a HUGE blog fan....of anyone/thing crafty!! This particular page: UCreate I'm a big fan of. Each month I have {STALKED} them wanting to do one of their monthly "Create With Me" crafts. In the past they have made everything from rugs {RUGS!!! How awesome is that?!?!} to cute fabric totes & pillows.Then at the end of the month you email in your crafts and they post them on their blog. Its really a cool way to try new things and to compare how others DIY!

 Well, finally I decided to take the plunge. I asked my friends Mel & Laura to take the plunge with me. I love group craft times!! This month UCreate had an awesome burlap wreath tutorial for us to try out. It took a little longer than we {I} expected....and by longer I mean more than one afternoon. :)

Here is the link to the Wreath Tutorial. Its a really good one....the only thing we did differently was we used a straw wreath form. They are $4.99 and bigger than the Styrofoam forms that H-Lobb had. I really liked them. We actually tried using something I saw on Pinterest first before going with the straw. It said to get foam tubing from the plumbing dept in Home Depot {for about $1.50} and duct tape it together, but the duct tape wasn't holding together as well as we thought. {Next time I might try a pool noodle} Anyways....my only other note is that this is a very messy project. Good thing we have a brand new vacuum cleaner :)

Well....Here are my wreaths!! {Oh yeah, I HAD to give myself options....one FALL and SOONERish} Enjoy!!



My Sooner one :) 


 The roses are my FAVORITE!!


Fall and the one that currently resides on my door :)







Here is Mel's Wreath, Kenley is already a wonderful model :) 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...